Terms and conditions
Registration as a "webseller" is reserved to individuals legally allowed to sign contracts. Registering as a webseller is not allowed to minors under the age of 18. If you do not fulfill these conditions, you may not use these services. Also, you can no longer use our services if your account has been temporarily or permanently suspended. Lastly, your account and username may not be transferred or sold to third parties in any way or fashion.
Minor individuals may however use our website and register as members.
We can only partially control the information provided by our members on our website or theirs. This information may be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or deceptive. The identity and quality of members may differ from what they pretend on the site.
This term refers to all information you provide to Carrefour Internet during or after your registration. You are the one to choose whether it goes online and are solely responsible for it. Carrefour Internet is only a passive relay in the distribution and publication of your information.
- must not be false, misleading or deceptive;
Since Carrefour Internet must not and cannot interfere in its members' communications or activities, you exempt Carrefour Internet (as well as its agents and employees) from any complaint, request or suit for damages of any nature in relation to such a conflict.
Carrefour Internet may not be held responsible for the information you spread on the websites made available after your registration.
You are personally responsible for the information entered in your profile and your account's activity; Carrefour Internet is only a passive relay in the distribution and publication of your information.
However, Carrefour Internet can take action regarding your information and your account if it considers doing so necessary and appropriate. For example, if it considers that your information or account can generate some responsibility toward it, or if it could alter (entirely or partially) its access to its ISP's services of those of other providers, Carrefour Internet may delete your account.
Your account's activity must not be diffamatory, obscene or discriminatory in nature, and you are not allowed to utter threats or harass other members.
If a person clearly demands that you cease all communication with them, you must cease any form of communication with them. It is your duty to insure that your behavior toward other members is legal and complies with all applicable laws.
You commit yourself to respect all laws, regulations and conventions related to the use of our sites and services.
You are personally responsible for your use of the carrefourinternet.com website. You must use this website in a legal way and purpose only. Carrefour Internet shall not be held legally responsible for any action contrary to the regulations in force.
It is strictly forbidden to use this site to spread, publish or transmit offensive, discriminatory or sexual content.
It is strictly forbidden to contact other members using the messaging system or any other means of communication if these members have clearly requested that you cease all communication.
You are solely responsible of any infringement of these rules. Carrefour Internet cannot be held responsible for your actions.
If you violate any condition stated above or if you are suspected of engaging in fraudulent activities in relation with our website, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account.
We also reserve the right to issue warnings to you, to suspend your account or to terminate it if we are unable to verify or authenticate the information you provided and you do not reply to our requests, as well as in the event that your actions could engage your responsibility, ours of that of our members.
Carrefour Internet also reserves the right to delete your account following a request from any government representative.
If you violate these terms or any law or regulation and a claim ensues from a third party in which Carrefour Internet is involved, you agree to defend and indemnify Carrefour Internet for all procedures the society may have to undertake to solve this dispute (reasonable lawyer fees, damages, compensations).
By accepting these conditions, you relieve Carrefour Internet from all claims, actions or lawsuits you may undertake against it.
- These terms and conditions will be interpreted in compliance with the province of Québec's legislation, in Canada. All users of the site irrevocably accept the jurisdiction of the Court of Québec, in Canada.
- Because of maintenance or for technical or other reasons, our services may be temporarily interrupted or contain errors.
- In no event shall Carrefour Internet be held responsible toward a member for any direct or indirect damage resulting from their use of a Carrefour Internet service. Also, Carrefour Internet rejects all responsibility, to the extent that law permits, toward the actions or omissions of other members or users. However, nothing in this agreement can limit or cancel Carrefour Internet's liability according to the law in force. Nevertheless, if you do not notify Carrefour Internet within 12 months from the original incident of your rights, actions, lawsuits, procedures or complaints, you agree to relieve Carrefour Internet from all rights, actions, lawsuits, procedures and complaints you may have or undertake against it, to the extent that law permits.
- If one or many of the clauses contained herein should be considered illegal or inapplicable by a legal decision, all other clauses would remain applicable, as long as the global meaning of the contract is not altered.
- Our decision to not enforce our rights against a member's or a third party's infringement of these conditions will not alter in any way our right to act against any similar and/or subsequent infringement.
- Business legislations vary for each country. We cannot analyse all current laws of all countries and, even if we could, we could not control every user's use of our site.
- Carrefour Internet does not approve of or validate your activities on the sites it provides you. You therefore accept to be responsible for your actions regarding the legality of your actions with regards to the laws of your country.
- Carrefour Internet reserves the right to modify these conditions at any time by posting the modifications on the website. You (and all other members) will be bound by these modifications as soon as they appear on the site.
- Carrefourinternet.com reserves the right to terminate your membership without having to justify its decision.
- These terms and conditions cannot be interpreted against Carrefour Internet for the sole reason that it has written them.
- These terms and conditions rule the agreement between Carrefour Internet and you regarding your use of its service.